Potty Training

Please don't think I'm insane.

But I really think my 7-month old child is telling me she has to defecate... and that she would prefer to do it on the toilet.

Sounds crazy right?

A couple months ago I bought a little toilet seat that set on top of the toilet for Estela. I figure why not let her try it as much as she can now so Potty training isn't this brand new thing all of a sudden that I try to do in 3 days while ripping out all of my hair at the same time? (longest sentence of my life)

If I catch her pooping and I am at home, I'll run with her to the toilet and have her finish there. I tell her how excellent she is at defecating and give her lots of smiles and kisses.

Now here is where it gets weird...

A few days ago my usually constantly happy baby was being particularly fussy. She wouldn't nurse or take her bottle. She didn't even want to play with her favorite creepy alligator toy. I picked her up and she kept looking towards the hallway. When we walked over to the hallway she looked into the bathroom. So we walked in there and she looked at the toilet. Not just looked... she was staring at it. "Does she need to use the toilet?" I thought.

So I skeptically put the toilet seat there and sat her down. Less than 5 seconds later she started defecating and urinating!!!!!! "YAY YAY YAY! GOOD JOB ESTELA!" I enthusiastically cheered.

Am I going crazy? This is probably a fluke huh.

And then she did it again the next day

and the next.

So for 4 days in a row now my daughter has "communicated" to me that she needs to defecate and she would actually like to do it on the toilet. 

So yeah... you could say my life is a little bizarre right now. 

Ok so now I got that out in the open here are pictures of my cute baby. I am loving life with her.


Beets are the messiest


I really can not get enough of her smile. I am in love with this girl



Comments

  1. That is AMAZING!!! I have heard of one other friend who had a little boy who did the same thing. You must just have a genius on your hands. She is so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm dying! that is so funny! at least you'll save money on diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.....many babies at this age and younger are learning sign language...so why don't you teach her a sign that symbolizes going potty and see if she catches on? that would be huge and she would probably use it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog (commonly reffered to as Angel)

The day I had a baby

Levitation