Barcelona with Besties


After a night filled with a couple 3 hour naps inturrupted by a baby who wanted to chat with us for an hour in-between, we finally got up to spend the day with some of our best friends from BYU Hawaii; Taylor and Ana Dame!

It was SO good to see these wonderful people. Those lucky bums are living in Madrid while Taylor gets his MBA. They get to have an adventure every weekend.

Our hotel was just a quick walk from La Sagrada Familia. Because the food in Spain is nothing special (seriously… I tried their "specialty" dish, paella, and it sucked… big time) we headed to our trusted American McDonalds.

This is the start of me letting go of food anxiety. We eat mostly a plant based diet. I cringe/make a weird sort of yelling exclamation when people try to put goldfish or candy into my child's mouth or even give her some cows milk. (I have no idea why people think they need to give other peoples babies food… You are NOT their mother! Feed your own dang kids and leave mine alone!) I shoved the weird anxiety to some corner in my mind and ordered Estela some greek yogurt with fruit.

Anyway…. rant over. The guys waited in line while we finished breakfast and then we headed into the church.


This church is amazing. It's been under construction for over 100 years. The architect, Antoni Gaudi, died in 1926! This basilica is unlike any one I've ever seen. Ok fine I haven't seen that many but the point is…. it's totally rad. 

It's got this gothic, yet modern theme to it. And the light inside is amazing! Usually churches like these are SO dark and kind of eery. But this one is exploding with light. 

I thought this was really neat.




The stained glass was gorgeous.



Who wouldn't want to hang out with these beautiful people?

She refused to put down her blanket.
Doing this with Estela was pretty easy. Except for when she had a poopy diaper and I couldn't find a changing station so I laid her down on abnormally long toilet seat lid and changed her there… good thing she is tiny. 

After this, we headed to the big fruit market and it was delicious. Barcelona is super easy to get around. The metro system there is great. 


As the afternoon ended it was time to say goodbye to our friends. We were SO happy that we were able to spend some time with our friends. 

Do you see what we are carrying? Yeah… That is all we had folks… For two weeks!
We had a delicious Italian dinner waiting for us on our cruise ship. It was "formal" night so this is me being as formal as I can be without makeup, a comb, or hair product. Basically I just wore my 7 dollar dress from H&M.


The Pasta was seriously incredible! Estela ate so much pasta.






Comments

  1. I didn't even know Estela could walk. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing. Nice food rant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog (commonly reffered to as Angel)

The day I had a baby

Get ready, Get set...