Potty Training... For real

Remember that one time I told you that my 6 month old likes to poop in the toilet? Well she still does. And now she does it without me holding her over a giant toilet.

A month ago I decided I was sick of changing diapers/ paying ridiculous amounts of money for them. We had a little potty for her that she practiced going in every now and then. But now i was ready to do the real deal... pant less potty training for three days straight.

This day was pretty much the worst day ever. Estela had 13 accidents and one success and it wasn't even 2. Ugh. Lots and lots of bleach that day. I decided to hold off on serious training until i came back from my trip from Oregon.

Fast forward to two or three weeks later and we were on serious attempt number 2. It only lasted a few hours. She had less accidents but I thought that it was stupid to try and train her now when I had a wedding to photograph coming up in a few days. There was no way either Dan or I could watch her because he was filming.

So the next week on a thursday I got out of bed as soon as I heard Estela wake up. I was determined to get her on the potty ASAP. We had a system... or so I thought. Dan and i would take  turns watching Estela so we could help her get to the potty in time. She was doing pretty well so I thought i would be ok leaving her with Dan in living room while I made a juice. Apparently there was a wee bit of miscommunication and nobody was watching Estela while she pooped all over the carpet. Ew. Gross. At least she didn't step in it. There was lots of bleaching and pointing to the toilet after that incident.

The next day was much better. She only had one accident and it was because she sat on the toilet and pooped without pulling down her panties.

We had Estela pick out some underwear even though the smallest size is 2T. I guess not many people train their midget 17 month olds to wear panties. She is getting really good at pulling them up but pulling them down is still pretty difficult for her.

When she is at home she is mostly panty free. I put pull ups on her in the car because I really don't want to clean up any messes in there. She lets me know when she needs to use the toilet by saying "sssssssss". It makes us laugh pretty hard when she walks over to the toilet and sits in a lounge position. Or when she walks over and grabs a book on her way to the toilet before she defecates.

As much as I would love to post a picture to show you all... She's like... naked... so... you'll just have to come over and see for yourself.


Her smile is the best. I love this child.

Comments

  1. but i really really want a picture! or better yet a video... this is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog (commonly reffered to as Angel)

The day I had a baby

Levitation