Melt Down

After watching Food Inc (which if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you do), I swore never to eat fast food again. To only buy Organic foods and never buy those packaged processed foods...I never even knew what people were talking about when they said processed. This documentary gave me a whole new meaning to that term exposing everything behind the veil the food industry puts up. It's true. I became the epitome of a food snob.

But as the "joys" of womanhood roll around once a month, I find myself in a vulnerable position. Yesterday was an especially interesting day filled with those joys. I went from being distraught because I had nothing to wear, to wanting to throw away all the clothes I had in less than an hour. (PMS + Being away from the love of my life for an entire summer can really throw off a girls emotions) And NOTHING sounded good to eat.

As I was talking to my fiance (over the phone of course because he is 5,000 ridiculous miles away) a beautiful image floated into my head.

A glorious, wonderful, fattening, buttery cinnamon melt from the one and only Mickey D's.

Do I dare go back on my promise I made to myself? ohhhhhhh yeah. After deciding to blatantly deny my new found hatred for McDonalds, I hopped on my rusty bicycle, peddled my little feet as fast as I could in the pouring rain. (no worries... I had on my big blue plastic poncho... of course it was flattering!!!!!)  But once I put the genetically altered chicken nuggets into my mouth and the fattening bread with butter all over it into my mouth, I felt the biggest smile form across my face. I knew I would regret it later but for these few precious moments I was experiencing bliss (something rare to come across this bleak summer). Later I know I will feel a little bit like this...

But for now i am enjoying the incredible taste of processed foods and looking forward to next month when I can once again have the excuse to eat there.



Comments

  1. We eat there every Tuesday night!! Have for 8 years now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You are so funny Tessa! That picture made me want to go eat that too. Don't really vomit it though. It's not good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious and I know EXACTLY what you were going through! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog (commonly reffered to as Angel)

The day I had a baby

Levitation